Thursday 7 June 2007

It's A Sad Day

When two students decide they can't be bothered to get drunk.

Such is the moral dilemma I am facing. I haven't left my flat in days, hell, this is the first time I have even been up in days, my previous posts have all been made from the comfort of my own bed. And yet I can't be bothered to get drunk. Why? With all this lack of nicotine, I should at least be doing something harmful to my body, right?

So I booked my flight home. I'm going for a couple of weeks because I can't get a job here. And, while it's not like I'm spending any money, by lying in bed all day, it also means that my meals consist of either tinned soup or super noodles. Maybe both if I'm feeling crazy (though two nights ago I had a nicotine craving and ate an entire cake!) So at least I could get some proper, home-cooked meals. And I miss my family, friends, and the pubs back home. I also want to visit Tabby's grave for the first time. So that's it settled.

God, work. That's something I really don't want to have to think about. I mean, that's why I came to Art College. Unfortunately, the debt has reached ridiculous levels so it looks like a horrible little waitressing job for everclaire. That is, until I get my raggedy ass to LA on the 25th July and get a real, fun job, hopefully involving some form of mild stalkage. Now that's a job I'd be great at.

Non-smoking efforts have gone well today! I have even survived having my flatmate smoke in the same room as me without breaking down and begging for one... and I am positive he'd spare me a smoke if I asked but I WON'T. To be honest, it really is as easy as I thought to quit. Now I am sure that Tricky is having problems. He smokes a lot more than me, and he has been telling me that since we quit, he has been getting dry mouth, headaches, etc. from the nicotine withdrawal. And he's on patches! Not even going cold turkey! Gah, this is irritating me. I don't even want to quit smoking. I just don't want wrinkles and yellow teeth. I can't even be bothered with talking about this non-smokeage anymore. But hell, it's the reason I started this blog, isn't it?

I don't know if I have spoken about this before, but I watched '24' for the first time a couple of days ago, and so far I have seen the first six episodes of Season Four (I have heard it said that it's possible to watch each season independently, as there is not much space for character development as a season only spans 24-hours). It's pretty good. I'm still not sold on it I guess. I will obviously have to watch the rest of the season to experience the depth of the storyline before I can make a final judgment, but at this point I can state that I am enjoying it so far, however I'm not gripped. I think that the whole idea of having an episode length span 'real time' is a good idea in theory, however not in practice. As I have said before, with a year-ish time frame gap between 'days' (seasons), there allows little time for character development, development of the relationships between characters, etc. We cannot witness relationships flourishing, plausible breakdowns in relationships over a period of time, and so forth. Thus, interpersonal relationships seem forced to me (at this point).

Also, how shite must all these terrorists be if it only takes a day to catch them?!

So, I have been annoying Arron with my chat. The current chat is that... what if life were a TV show? As we are currently in Season Finale territory, that means that some major event should be occurring in all of our lives right now. Someone should die, someone would be pregnant (oh God, please no!), and we should be averting an apocalypse. It is that time of year, after all.

Oh and kudos to Amos for the banner.

6 comments:

Tricky said...

i love the amount of excuses you make mick for the fact your "not addicted" its so funny, and then you say about all the things that smoking is vital in your life for, that seems like an addiction to me......

everclaire said...

Smoking is vital in my life to make me cool!

Tricky said...

excuses

The Mighty Beluga said...

don't you know?
Cancer is the new black

everclaire said...

you know, I heard that somewhere?

The Ian said...

"Also, how shite must all these terrorists be if it only takes a day to catch them?!"

How have I, in my infinite sarcastic and pessmistic wisdom, never realised that before =P